"Honey, time marches on, and eventually you realize that it's marchin' across your face." If you can relate to this quote from Steel Magnolias, Bergen Dermatology is here to help! We're all about anti-aging this month, so CLICK HERE to see the skincare and treatment specials that can help you turn back the clock, and look as young as you feel! And remember, we offer a lot more than cosmetic services... We're here to meet all of your medical dermatology needs as well!
Love is in the air this month at Bergen Dermatology, and we're here to help you get ready for Valentine's Day! There's still time to prime your pout for all that extra kissing and we even have a way to spice up your sex life! CLICK HERE for this month's specials and a very exciting announcement...
Happy new year! Odds are you've made a resolution or two, and if looking or feeling better in 2017 is among them, we're here to help! Whether you're looking for injectables that deliver anti-aging and profile-enhancing results, skincare kits designed to maximize skin health, or intimate enhancement to help put the spark back in your love life, CLICK HERE to see this month's specials!
Happy holidays from our family here at Bergen Dermatology to yours! 'Tis the season for events, parties and get-togethers so you surely want to put your best face forward... CLICK HERE to see special pricing on a variety of products and treatments that will help you make 2017 one of your most beautiful years yet!
The holidays will be here before we know it, and Bergen Dermatology is here to help make the rest of 2016 and the start of 2017 as beautiful as possible... Click HERE for this month's specials and must-know info!
Keep your skin silky smooth with laser hair removal.
Remember hair free is care free.
Package of 4 take 10% off
Package of 6 take 15% off
Tighten your skin and look younger with the Fotona 4D Facelift
Intro Rate $500 (originally $850)/treatment
Sessions Required: 3 treatments every 3 weeks
Recovery Time: No downtime, with mild swelling and redness
Expires November 18th 2015.
The article featured by Maggie Fox is quite interesting regarding Vitamin B3 and Non Melanoma Skin Cancer. However, it is also important to be "Sun Smart".
Tips on how to reduce ultraviolet radiation:
1. Wear clothing with UPF (ultraviolet protection factor), wide brim hats and sunglasses.
2. Reduce sun exposure especially between 10 to 4pm.
3.Wear broad spectrum sunscreen daily.
4.Avoid tanning beds.
5.Use caution around water and snow due to the reflection.
6.Perform self skin checks regularly.I recommend patients to take selfies of their moles to assist in monitoring.
After reading through all the submissions for our "What Makes You Beautiful Contest", Bergen Dermatology is happy to announce that Mimi Bismarck is the winner.
The moment my daughter starts writhing, tossing and turning, I know she's about to wake up. There is a brief second- where she pouts in her last phase of sleep. At that moment, I know she's about to start crying. So I pick her up, knowing that my face will be the first she sees when she opens her eyes. And when she does, she stretches her chubby little fingers and strokes my cheeks. At any other moment, my face is a canvas of imperfections. But at that moment, when those cherubic fingers meet my face, and her lips curve into the biggest smile, I feel like the most beautiful woman alive!
Chemical Peels are a great way to treat discoloration, sun damage and some scarring. This time of the year is optimal to have them performed. Call for a consultation today.
I recently came across an article regarding a college fashionista, Micaela Rae, who has an amazing spirit and is committed to bringing an end to domestic violence. What I love about her is that she is gorgeous not only on the outside, but also on the inside. Over the past year, I have learned about her passion for social justice and raising awareness of wrongful incarceration and sex trafficking. She is trying to make a difference on tough issues that many individuals unfortunately face. Thanksgiving reminds us of all the wonderful blessings in our lives. It is important to be compassionate, respectful and develop a godly character. With a positive outlook, your stress levels decrease and your skin condition has a tendency to improve.
With the weather becoming cooler, it is important to protect your skin. Follow the four tips, to protect your skin:
1. Moisturize: I always advise my patients to take short, warm showers with a moisturizing soap. Then apply a moisturizing cream instead of a lotion to the entire body daily. To prevent the dreaded chapped lips, do not forget to apply a moisturizer and consider making a scrub with organic natural raw sugar and creamed honey for a weekly DIY exfoliation. Lastly, please do not forget to apply physical sunscreen despite the grey days ahead.
2. Protection: The number one concern in my office in the winter months is dry hands and feet. Protecting your hands and head with hats and gloves is important to keep warm, but it also helps trap in the moisture. Wear socks that will keep your feet dry. Consider wearing a light liner sock made of a material that wicks away moisture and then put a natural fiber sock over it.
3. Hydration: As long as fluids are not restricted by your primary care physician or cardiologist, drink plenty of fluids. Our skin loses water throughout the entire day especially at night. Stay hydrated with fluids, apply hydrating creams to your body daily and while sleeping, use a humidifier to replace dry area with much-needed moisture.
4. Rough Skin: Elbows, heels and knees become rough and thickened in the winter. Consider products with lactic acid, ceramides or urea to soften skin daily. Try a clarifying polish to exfoliate rough skin twice a week.
Written by Tania Greene
For African-American skin, it can be hard (sometimes impossible), to find a dermatologist who understands your skin and can treat it. That's why doctors like Dr. Naana Boakye exist.
Dr. Boakye, who specializes in surgical, medical, and cosmetic dermatology, is a board-certified dermatologist that is an assistant clinical professor at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital and leads her own practice at Bergen Dermatology in New Jersey. She strives to stay on top of the latest in procedures and medicine to offer patients the best treatments available.
"I recently had a patient struggle with acne for years where she was prescribed various medications and did not note any improvement. Over the course of three months with a strict acne regimen, her acne is now controlled and she is ecstatic about not only her face, but feels confident at her job and in her personal life. My goal at Bergen is not only to treat the condition, but to try to learn about the individual and to give advice in their current situation", explains Boakye.
Dr. Naana Boakye patients are diverse and she welcomes her services to all races and skin types. She's in the process of developing her own signature skin and hair care products that will be created using concentrated and rich natural ingredients. Currently, she's undergoing a study looking at the efficacy of of micro-needling and chemical peels in darker skin types over a three month period.
Struggling with your skin or just want to learn more about this young, new skin guru? Go to www.bergenderm.com.